Bottom line: we value our relationship with you and we value your privacy. With this policy, we aim to clearly outline your rights and be clear about how we collect, use, show, disclose, store and potentially transfer your personal data / information. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First off, we want to thank you for choosing to be part of our user community and Platform at Fair People For People, Inc., doing business as Grata ("Grata", "we", "us", "our"), which is the entity responsible for processing your personal data. We started Grata to help improve the lives of our frontline workers and in the process, make the world a nicer place by providing the gratitude that is often missing in our everyday lives. We do it by giving you a powerful, simple to use review platform where you can share your praise and feedback of the people who make your experiences world class. By giving a Grata, you’ve proven that you’re a GIVER at heart. You’re a supporter of the people, companies, and co-workers who impact your lives. But they also impact the lives of the person being reviewed. You can make their day with a quick “thank you!”... “you made my day” … or a “way to go!”)
First, let’s review some important terms we are using in this policy
- When we say “Reviewer,” we mean the person or persons giving the review to someone else.
- When we say “Receiver,” we mean the person receiving the review and/or rating.
- When we say “Business,” we mean the place where the Receiver who received the review works.
- Keep in mind, it is possible for you to be more than one of these at once. For example, you may get a review as part of your work at a business (Receiver) and also give a review to a co-worker or to any other person at another business or location (Reviewer). You can also be a business. For example, you can be a manager at a location who has an account and/or profile on Grata.
- When we say “platform,” we mean all of Grata’s websites and applications. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
First and foremost, we are an open platform
What does this mean? When you write a review, that review, your profile, and certain personal data will be visible to anyone who visits our Platform. The review itself may be displayed with information you have provided to Grata. This information provided by you may include, but is not limited to, your name, a combination of name and initials, initials, location, picture or visual you provide, date of review, date you created your Grata account, etc. If another user or third party clicks on your Grata profile, they may see your country location and all the reviews you’ve written.
Similarly, if you are the person receiving the review (Receiver), your information may be displayed in the review, including your name, your employer’s name, your image or likeness, location, job title, etc.
If you are a Receiver or a Business replying to a review about you or your company, this information may also be visible on our Platform. Basically, the information you add to your Grata profile may or may not be anonymous.
You hereby grant us the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of and commercially exploit any material, information, notifications, reviews, articles or other types of communication (hereinafter referred to as the "User-Generated Content" or "UGC") which you create on the Website as a Registered or un-Registered User. We may freely use and transfer the UGC and disclose the UGC to third parties.
Examples of how the above may play out: your review may be displayed on the Grata Platform, on a Receiver’s page (where anyone coming to our Platform can see the reviews a Receiver has gotten – similar to LinkedIn), or on a Business page (where we have collected all the reviews of Receivers who work at that location). Your review may also be shown on the Business’s owned website, where they may choose to display the Gratas that their employees (Receivers) or business has gotten from Reviewers.
How we collect personal data
The personal data that we process is primarily collected directly from you when. This may happen when you provide us with your personally identifiable details in order to create an account, interact with our Platform (for example giving or receiving reviews, posting replies to reviews, or setting up Business accounts.
When you use the platform, we collect information from your computer or device automatically like your IP address, your location, or information about the device and browser you're using to access Grata.
As mentioned above, you can sign into or connect via third parties like social networks. When you do, we are given information about you from those third parties. A Business you visited may ask you directly to leave a review of one of their employees on Grata or you may do so from a link on their websites asking for feedback.
What Personal data do we collect?
We may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Platform’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Platform’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Platform, personalize your experience, track usage of the Platform, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Platform, display relevant advertising, market the Platform, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Platform, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Personal data includes any information that relates to you as an identifiable individual. We ask you not to share any sensitive personal information with us, such as information revealing health information, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, etc. When you write or receive a review, create a Grata user account, or create an account for you or your to see your employee reviews and scores, or otherwise use our Platform, we may collect and use the following types of personal data about you:
- User account information: When you create a Grata account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, zip code, physical address, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process, such as a photo or image, preferred language, gender, phone number, or birth date.
- Identifiable Contact information: Your name, email address, phone number, and any other contact details you may provide to us.
- Information in or about reviews and ratings, including:
- Your review content (feedback) and star rating.
- The dates you wrote, edited or deleted your review.
- The name and location of the person or business you reviewed.
- The name and location of the Business at which the person you reviewed works.
- Any information or documentation we ask you for in order to verify your experience (if necessary). The information we collect and process will be used only for the purposes stated in our request to you.
- Platform Usage information: How you've interacted with our Platform, time you spend on our site, your Grata search history, features or functions you’ve accessed, the links you’ve clicked, interaction with our emails, marketing or customer service communications, which contributions you like, where you check-in (including when friends on Grata tag you in their own check-ins), which contributions or users you follow, and which businesses you follow or bookmark.
- Contacts: You can invite others to join Grata by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which individuals you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we will transmit information about your contacts to our servers long enough to process your invitations.
- Information from communications between you and Grata: such as feedback on the Platform, notifications of reviews, and support or help requests via phone email, chat, or other electronic communication methods, and things like date and time and date of the communication.
- Information from other Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Grata. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Grata. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Platform, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages, and share that information with other parties to your messages (for example, to let them know if you have viewed their message). If you exchange messages with others through the Platform, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to use of the Platform, as well as our efforts to improve the Platform. If you send or receive messages through the Platform via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Grata, or use a phone number associated now or previously with such a business, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Our communications with you, including phone calls, may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a tip, we will collect and store information you provide associated with your transaction, such as your name, phone number, address, and email, as well as any other information you provide, in order to process your transaction, send communications about the transaction to you, and facilitate future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes.
- Device and location information: Your IP address, browser settings (the type of browser you use, browser language, time zone), and location.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or personal computer) and different platforms (e.g., the Grata website or Grata mobile apps). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one Grata platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other Grata platforms.
- Business account information: Your password, your company name and domain, and certain other information you choose to add to your business profile, such as details about the type of services your company offers.
- Information about your Preferences: We collect and store certain preferences associated with your account, including email, text or newsletter receipt preferences, cookies containing your preferences, and any other specific consents you have given or declined.
- Information from other services, including social networks: You can sign into and connect to Grata or your Grata profile using your social media profiles (e.g., Facebook). If you sign in through a third party, we automatically collect certain information about you from your social network, depending on what information you have made available on that particular social network and your privacy settings for sharing such information on that social network. We may collect the following information:
- Name and/or username
- Email address
- Your social connections on that platform
- Profile photo, image or likeness
- If you choose to connect your Grata profile with a social network profile or sign into your Grata account through a social network, you’ll be told which information we will collect from that social network. You can disconnect your social network information from your Grata profile. However, your social network profile picture may remain on your Grata profile unless you change it.
The Security of your personal data is our top priority
We use various technical and administrative means to ensure the safety of your personal data. However, since the internet is never a completely secure environment, we can’t ensure or warrant the security of the information you transmit to us. When in doubt, don’t include personal information unless you have to in order to use the Platform. For example, emails sent between you and Grata may not be encrypted, so please do not include sensitive personal information in emails to us that isn’t required to perform your request.
How long do we keep or store your personal data?
Simply, we only keep your data for as long as we need it, or are required to for legal reasons. The personal data that you provide to Grata - including the content of your reviews – will be kept for as long as you have a Grata account, or as long as needed to provide you with the services on our Platform. If we no longer need your personal information, we may either delete it or anonymize it so that it no longer can longer be used to identify you. We may use that anonymized information to analyze the performance of our Platform or improve the Platform. You can delete your account and/or personal data on the Platform or ask us to do that for you at email@example.com.
However, because we are an open platform, the reviews that are re-posted on other sites, platforms, apps, social networks, or other means not owned by Grata cannot be deleted by Grata. You will need to contact those third party sites or social networks to have those reviews removed.
Who is controls your personal data?
If you’ve left your information on our Platform (for example, via account setup or giving a review), then Grata is the data controller. If you have been asked by a third party (for example an email from a Business or if you fill out information via their websites), that businesses will be the data controllers responsible for those invitations and for any personal data associated with them. If you have any questions about your privacy rights with those businesses, please review the relevant business’ privacy policies directly.
How do we use your personal data / information?
We may use your personal data or information:
- To perform the services of the Platform.
- To identify you as a registered user of our Platform when you log into and revisit our platform.
- To provide our services to you. This includes displaying your reviews, give you access to the Platform and user account information, providing you visibility to the reviews you’ve given and received and / or visibility and access the reviews of employees at your company.
- To perform analytics on our Platform.
- To improve our Platform or services or to develop new products or features.
- To provide product updates and other customer service-oriented information – either on the Platform or via email or text message. This includes responding to any questions you send to us via email, phone, chat, or any other means.
- If you elect to allow us or our partners to send you marketing materials (via preference selection at account setup and /or continued management of your user account), we and / or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal data you provide us for marketing purposes and to determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- You can opt-out of marketing emails from Grata at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send, by asking us to step sending texts, or by contacting at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may still communicate with you with Platform-related emails necessary to provide you with our services or access to out Platform or for other non-marketing purposes.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you. If we post advertising on our Platform, we may use your information display personalized content (and / or work with third parties to execute the advertising), as well as measure its effectiveness.
- To verify the authenticity of your reviews and to invite you to leave more reviews.
- To contact you if the case that your review is flagged by businesses or other users.
- To comply with our own legal rights or obligations in connection with legal claims.
- To adhere to compliance, regulatory and auditing purposes, and / or to perform any required audits and provide fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To exercise or defend of legal claims.
- To enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- To post a testimonial: From time to time, we may seek feedback on our Platform and services. We may ask you if we can post your feedback as a testimonial for the Platform on our website or in the app. If you agree to allow us to use your testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and content of the testimonial. If you wish to change or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com.
- To notify Business users about a review on an employee or team member at your company.
- Finally, we may also use the information in other ways, but we will provide you with notice of said usage when we ask for and collect your information.
- You have the right to object to how we process your personal data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can access your personal data – and who we may share your information with
Your personal data on Grata
Once again, remember that we are an Open Platform. See the above section titled “First and foremost, we are an open platform” for a reminder of what this means to your personal data shared on our Platform.
We may also share tour information with the following:
- Service Providers: We rely on third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Platform, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing, and other functions. We share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. For example, we may share your advertising identifiers with third party service providers that help us facilitate Grata’s advertising programs and measure and report their effectiveness, including with third parties that help determine the efficacy of Grata’s advertising programs by combining information they receive about you from other sources than the Platform. You may be able to limit our access to some of this information through your mobile device settings or through the Platform’s settings. Grata’s third party service providers may likewise share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests.
- Businesses on Grata: when you leave or receive a review, your personal data / information may be shared with the business where the employee for whom you’ve provided a review works. The review information may be on the public Grata Business pages that aggregate reviews for a single Business. That Business may choose to share those reviews on their websites or on their social media sites.
- In addition, Unless you opt out, we may share our email, full name or other identifiable information with the Business so that they may send you marketing materials. While you can change or edit your permissions to receive marketing from Grata at any time on our website or app, or opt out in the marketing activity itself (e.g., email, text), you will need to manage your contact preference at the third party Business that sends you the marketing material via their preference policies and preference management methods.
- Receivers on Grata: when you leave or receive a review, your review information may be shared with the person you reviewed. That information may be on the public Grata User (Receiver) page that aggregate reviews for a particular Receiver. We do NOT share your personal information like email, phone number, etc. with the Receiver – only the content of the review and your name, or first name and last initial, or initials only.
- Parties to Investigations and Legal Activity: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement request; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Platform, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Third Party Integrations: If you sign up for, or log into, Grata using a third party service like Facebook or Google, or link your Grata account to your account with a third party service like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Service, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party partners, while preserving the look and feel of the Platform. In such cases, please note that the information you provide may be transmitted directly to the identified third party partner.
- Third Party Data Processors: We also share your personal data with selected third parties (including Grata subsidiaries and other companies that provide us with services that support the technical operation of our Platform and the delivery of our services ("data processors"). These third parties are data processors for the personal data for which Grate is the data controller. We have data processing agreements in place with the data processors, and they must act solely in accordance with our instructions. By accepting this policy, you authorize us to instruct the data processors to process data in accordance with this policy and for the purposes of using the platform.
Your personal data on Grata when you create a business account on behalf of your company
When you create a business account on behalf of your company, we will disclose your company name, company address, domain, location, and other information you have chosen to connect with your company’s public profile. Other information provided by you on the website, including your replies to users’ reviews about your company, are also made available for other users of the website.
Personal data shared with other services, websites and businesses
One of Grata's main goals is to increase the exposure and availability of reviews. We therefore permit other services to show reviews created on our platform. This increases the potential audience and other consumers’ knowledge of Grata and the reviews.
The categories of third-party services and companies that can show the reviews you give or receive, together with your public user profile (or if you have a business account on Grata, your replies to reviews about your company) are:
- Search engines, including Google and Bing, and other similar websites where it will be relevant for users to search for reviews.
- Consumer portals and business portals, including price comparison websites, shopping guides, etc.
- Social networks.
- Business, selling and application partners and platforms where reviews would be helpful, such as Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that gets stored on your computer or other device via your web browser, at the request of the websites you visit or applications you use.
The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking.
California privacy rights
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as "non-residents."
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We are committed to exercising your privacy rights, including the rights granted to you under the CCPA.
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Right to be informed
- Right to request deletion
- Right to opt out
- Right to disclosure
- Right to equal services and prices (non-discrimination)
In accordance with the CCPA’s requirements, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. You may make a request pursuant to your rights under the CCPA by contacting us via email (email@example.com) or by mail using the contact details set out below. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including the email address. Californian consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf. If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf. We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be "selling" of your personal data.
You may request to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. The CCPA defines a sale very broadly and this includes communicating personal information to another business or a third party for non-financial gain. Grata will never sell your data for profit, however, where we transfer it to our partners for things like displaying personalized ads to you, market to you, or to deliver improvements to our service, these uses fall within the broad definition of a “sale” under CCPA. We only engage in this kind of data transfer where we believe it benefits you by providing you with a better experience, quality of service or to deliver content that you may be interested in.
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
You can opt out from any practice that may lead to the sale of your personal data at any time. To manage your privacy preferences and opt out of the sale of your personal information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the features provided to opt out in our website or app (Platform). Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
Privacy related to Children
Our Platform is not intended for use by and is not intentionally marketed to children under 16 years of age. We do not want information from children and do not knowingly collect that information. Please contact us at email@example.com if you know of any users or information about any users under the age of 16.
Changes to this policy
You can also reach us by mail at:
3102 Oak Lawn Avenue